Friday, October 8, 2010

The boxelder tree................












I have always liked boxelder trees. They grow everywhere here and are golden yellow this time of year. My mom always complained about the huge huge boxelder that shaded our porch. She thought it was so messy. The twigs scattered the lawn when the wind blew. I secretly loved it. My best friend and I spent many summers in our treehouse high up in a boxelder tree. We sat in the shade of a big boxelder on our farm when our girls were growing up. They bring back great memories. Sue



3 comments:

  1. These are awesome photos Sue...what a great tree. I am unfamiliar with it.

    So pleased to read about your memories..and that you had a treehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I remember the Boxelder tree well,&
    like you say,not many people were fond of
    it. It seems to me I also remember the infamous Boxelder bug.
    We wish Mike a very Happy Birthday!
    Tom & Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool photo's Sue! I love that you had a treehouse! We had one at my Grandparents cottage. I remember my brother and my cousin would play "Monopoly" for hours and they would always argue. When they got to loud Grandma would send them to the treehouse with their game. HA!

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete