Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waiting for the plumber.........


We have a leak under the kitchen sink and the outside faucet doesn't work. The plumber said he would come this morning at eight o'clock. And so we waited. At three o'clock Mike waited for the plumber and I set out on a hike to the other end of town. I planned to get a picture of the house where I grew up for my blog. When I arrived and looked at the dirty windows and the dirty porch I didn't want the picture. This was not a good idea. I took a picture of the crocuses by the back door and headed back. I felt sad as I walked home. As I trudged up the last hill the plumber's truck was pulling out of the driveway and I was feeling better. Sue

6 comments:

  1. Sue, that is a beautiful picture! You are a great photographer! I am glad the plumber came and I hope he fixed the problem. Is anyone living in the home you grew up in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Know Sue...I have been thinking the same thing the last few days..you are a great photographer! When I look at your posted pictures..I want to just dive right in...like these crocus..the color..intense, and just so uplifting. Glad that's what they did for you as well..as,.. the plumber leaving the driveway ..SMILE..

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't be disheartened about the old house...home...you really can't go back; it isn't the home you remember. Those photos are locked inside your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you both for the kind words. Sue PS your sweet peas are just beautiful Bren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you both for the kind words. And Bren your sweet peas are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great post, Mom.

    ReplyDelete