Saturday, February 27, 2010

The good news............


The Red Ladder is closing today. The busy season is just too short for us to survive. We will return to the house we purchased several years ago in northeastern Michigan. It is three hours from Suttons Bay, in need of much repair, and it waits patiently for our return. We will miss our many friends here. We'll miss the beauty of Leelanau and Grand Traverse counties, and we'll miss the joys and the struggles of owning our own business. The good news is that Mike is making great progress from a stroke suffered last summer. We will be able to work on our house and gardens TOGETHER!! I will continue my blog and hope you will follow our journey. Sue

5 comments:

  1. With a tear in my eye and a pain in my heart I will miss you two. Love, mao

    ReplyDelete
  2. This news makes me very sad. You will be missed by a lot of people, but wish you the best in your new adventure.

    Linda @ The Happy Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue & Mike,

    You are two of the most hard-working, delightfully pleasant people on the planet! You manage to find the joy everywhere... even when delivering the current sad news of The Red Ladder. Good luck & good health to you both and I hope to catch you wandering around Suttons Bay occasionally!

    --Rose O'Neill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see The Red Ladder! Good luck on your house, I will keep following your blog. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue I will miss you both oh...and the store. Much luck on your new journey and I look forward to your entries and updates. I love my chandeliers from the Red Ladder and one day I will post pictures of my home with all 5 of them featured!!! Best Of Luck :) Tina

    ReplyDelete